Sandy beaches near London with a retro theme park and Turner art gallery
Getting to Margate from London
- By Car: It’s roughly 2.5hrs heading towards Dartford and continuing east to the end of the Thames. Use sat nav Marine Terrace, Margate, CT9 1XJ for parking at £5 per day
- By Train: Trains leave from London St. Pancras or London Victoria stations to Margate and take around 1hr 45min. Check South Eastern Trains
What to do in Margate
- Visit the beach
- Visit the Turner Art Gallery
- Wander the boutique cafes and vintage shops
- Have a pint in a pub on top of the harbour arm (just check their 2000’s website)
- Have a date at a retro roller disco
- Spend half a day at the instagrammable retro theme park Dreamland (our fav!)
Special mention about Dreamland – this isn’t your ordinary theme park.
Most rides are reconditioned retro rides and we had just as much fun here as we did at Alton Towers and Thorpe Park.
Follow their twitter or instagram to get regular updates on events from themed Halloween nights to summer concerts with top nostalgic bands. This place really deserves to stay on the map so help them by bringing your friends for a top day out!
Visit Margate and tell us how much fun you had in the comments section below…