Our most used travel apps when planning and booking our trips or helping us to navigate and explore new places once we are there.
- Google Maps – Google Maps now merged with trips is probably the greatest of travel apps. Build your itinerary before you go, star places you want to visit, check customer reviews of unfamiliar places, save places to visit offline and create your own custom routes
- Skyscanner – another of the best travel apps as you can check prices and book flights with the app. If you want inspiration, choose a whole month and go anywhere option. You can also build up multi-city flight packages so you plan your next trip
- Trivago – We like Booking.com but trivago seems to be better at pulling out all prices. Sometimes it’s cheaper to call the hotel or book directly with them for special offers like we did for Tel Aviv
- Viator – Originally an app to help locals take advantage of cruise liner tourism, it’s a treasure trove of bespoke and unusual local tours/experiences at affordable prices
- Triposo – like viator but more of a local guide in your pocket. Download the locations and dive into their tips from best bars to visit to who does the best coffee
- Trainline – a brilliant and easy to use app for booking rail fares in Europe. eTickets on the app make it easy to store itineraries and get to your destination quickly.
We have lots of other travel apps to help us on our travels from independent airlines for online bookings and etickets to trainlines and bus companies. Download these where you need them as it can save you the hassle of having to print tickets and carry them around. Just make sure your phone is charged when you need to use them!